It is school policy that all children wear school uniform when attending school or when participating in a school-organised event outside normal school hours.
Uniform has different purposes – to identify us as part of the same school, to look smart and it is a great leveller between children with all children wearing similar clothes with no branded items. As we don’t insist on clothes having to have our school logo on garments, parents can opt for supermarket brands to keep the cost down. We also have a supply of good quality pre-loved uniform available to buy at a very reasonable cost.
School uniform should consist of:
- White or royal blue polo shirt
- School sweatshirt, cardigan or fleece
- Grey or black trousers, skirt, pinafore, shorts
- Black/grey/navy plain tights or plain black leggings (not sportswear)
- Black/grey/white socks
- Blue and white checked dress (Summer)
- Black shoes - not trainers/sports shoes
- White or blue t-shirt/polo shirt
- Navy/black shorts
- Track suit bottoms and sweatshirt or skins (Winter) Royal Blue, Navy or Black
- PE socks (if wearing tights)
For swimming, girls to wear one- piece costumes and boys to wear fitted swim shorts. Either gender can wear rash vests.
PE Kits to be worn on PE days, so that maximum time can be devoted to PE rather than the children getting changed.
Chew Magna Primary School logo uniform can be purchased from the following retailers:
For school policy on jewellery, haircuts and footwear, please click here.